How to Measure for Windows or Any Opening Accurately for FlexAscreens.
You First have to decide where you want the flexascreens bug screens to fit.
The self-adhesive hook side of Velcro brand fastener need width of .5 inch or 13 mm of surface. You can use masking tape instead of Velcro for experiment that will give you the right size for measuring finished size for FlexAscreens. Note:- Screens will be within .25 to .375 inch of the sizes you order.
By doing this you now know where the FlexAscreens will fit on your openings or windows and get rid of all the mistakes.
Curved windows or opening use the masking tape to figure out where the FlexAscreens will fit now you can make template & send it in our FlexAscreens will fit the first time this takes all the guess work out.
1. Reversing width and height when measuring. Width is the side-to-side measurement. Height is the top-to-bottom measurement. The width is always given before the height of the Door or window. For example, an order 48 x 72 would be manufactured 48 inches wide by 72 inches high. To avoid confusion as you measure put a W next to the width measurement and an H by the height measurement. Find out more in our How to Measure section.
2. Not checking the measurements in three places on both the width and height of the window. Use a ladder or stool to reach the top of high windows. Many windows are not square, so the width should be measured at the top, in the middle and at the bottom. Also check the height of the window in the middle and at both sides. When placing your order use the smallest size of the three measurements. Find out more in our How to Measure section.
3. Not allowing for obstructions that will hamper the operation of the screen. The most common obstructions are inside the window frame are window cranks and handles. We can provide fold down window cranks for most windows.
4. Rounding off your measurements. When measuring for inside-mounted screens, do not round up or down, measure to the nearest 1/16 of an inch.
5. Ordering from someone else. Flexascreens.com has the right products for you.
If you are not sure please call Toll Free 1-800-446-1626